Controller of Examinations
Dr. Kanwalvir Singh Dhindsa
PhD (Computer Science & Engineering), MTech (IT), BE (Computer Engineering)
22 years of academic, administrative and research experience.
- Experience regarding handling of Offline and Online Examination system, Approval & Accreditation process, Academic Audit & Inspections, Academic & Industrial tie-ups, Curriculum Development & Implementation, Skill Development.
- Experience as NBA Programme coordinator & as NAAC Coordinator.
- Experience as Coordinator (PG-MTech regional centre & PhD research centre).
- Experience in handling ERP system, website, and campus networking.
- Experience as Coordinator-IIT Bombay Projects (Spoken Tutorial Labs, FOSS Centre, Video Conferencing Remote Centre), Oracle Academy, Red Hat Academy.
- Member, CSI-Distinguished Speakers for Region-1.
- Expert Member & Reviewer, International Journals (SCIE, Scopus) & International Conferences.
- Member, Board of Studies (Computer Applications, Animation & Multimedia Technology) IKGPTU, Jalandhar for year 2021-2023
- Awarded ‘Best Ph.D. Thesis Award’ by Computer Society of India (CSI) at COER, Roorkee (Uttarakhand), 2014.
- Awarded “Green ThinkerZ - Outstanding Researcher Award” for contribution in the field of Computer Science and Engineering at NITTTR, Chandigarh (2016).
- Awarded two ‘Best Paper Awards’ at IEI (I) - National Seminar on ‘Recent Innovations in Wireless Communication & Networking’ (2017).
- Bibliography included/listed in - Asia Pacific (Vol. XVI) – Who’s Who (2018).
- International Academic Excellence Award 2022 - I2OR (2022).
Research Guidance (PhD & PG Level)
- PhD (CSE) Thesis - Supervised (Completed): 06, Current research scholars (guiding): 03
- M.Tech (CSE) Thesis - Supervised (Completed): 38
- Supervised 55+ Major projects (UG + PG)
- 138 Research Publications in peer-reviewed and refereed International Journals & Conferences.
Patents (International & National)
- An autonomous Block chain based IoT node cloud communication for smart lighting system (2021) -International: Innovation Patent.
- Patient Safety and Privacy-Preserving in E-Health using Internet of Things (2021) - International: Innovation Patent.
- A Technique for Traffic prediction and Congestion control in IoT networks using Machine learning (2020) - International: Innovation Patent.
- A System and Method for Hassle Free and Secure Monetary Transactions between accounts (National Patent: Published in Feb. 2021)
- Awarded Grant of Rs. 3 lacs from AICTE & ISTE - As Coordinator of AICTE-ISTE Induction/Refresher Programme (FDP) titled “Mobile Application Development” held from 9-15 th July 2018.
- Awarded Grant of Rs. 50,000/- As Coordinator of sponsored FDP ‘Cloud Computing: Applications & Issues’ held from 4-8 th July, 2016.
- Life Member, ISCA (The Indian Science Congress Association): Membership ID - L27567
- Fellow Member, IETE (Membership ID- M 237761)
- Fellow/Lifetime Member, ISRD (Membership ID- F3140900142)
- Fellow, IEI (I) - Institution of Engineers.
- Life-Member/Senior Member, CSI (Membership ID - 0175868).
- Member, UACEE (Membership ID- AM1003072)
- Life-Member, PAC (Punjab Academy of Science): Membership ID-919.
- Member, ACEEE (Association of Computer Electronics and Electrical Engineers): Membership ID- 7000201.
- Member, IACSIT (Membership ID- 80333814)
- Life-Member, ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education): Membership ID- LM 49355.
- Member, IAENG (International Association of Engineers): Membership ID-63318.
- Member, ACM (Association for Computing Machinery): Membership ID-2205468.
- Member, CEGR (Centre for Education Growth and Research, New Delhi).
Short Term Courses, FDP, Conferences, Workshops, Seminars (Organized & Attended)
- Organized and attended 45 International & National Conferences.
- Organized and attended 50+ Faculty Development programs & Short Term Training Programs in association with AICTE, NITTTR and other leading institutions.
- Organized and attended more than 125+ seminars, workshops and webinars in association with leading institutions & MNCs for overall development of faculty and students.