Director Learner Support Centre (LSC)
Dr. Baljit Singh Khehra
- Ph.D. (Computer Science & Engineering), M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering), B.E. (Computer Engineering)
- 22 Years of Academic, Administrative and Research Experience.
- Principal, BAM Khalsa College, Garshankar, Hoshiarpur
- Honorary Secretary, Joint Honorary Secretaryand Executive Committee Memberof IE (I) Punjab & CHD State Centre, Chandigarh
- Head of Department of CSE, BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- B.Tech. (CSE) Programme, Department CSE, BBSB Engineering College accredited by NBA under my headship
- Office-Incharge of M. Tech (IT) Programme run in PTU Regional Centre, BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Hostel Warden of the Sr. Boys Hostel in BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Member of various Committees at BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib
- Co-Chairman of College NAAC Team
- Member of Core Committee of college IQAC
- Coordinator of SRE-2018
- Head of Department of Computer Science, Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College, Sarhali, Tarn-Taran
- 22 Years of Teaching Experience in Computer Science & Engineering
- Worked as Visiting Professor & Short Term Research Scholar in the department of Mathematics & Computer Science, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Princess Anne, Maryland, USA from 10 th Aug 2019 to 10 th Jan 2020
- Associate Editor of IET Image Processing Journal, Wiley
- Paper presented in the 2011 International Conference of Signal and Image Engineering under the aegis World Congress on Engineering 2011 (WCE 2011), July 6-8, 2011, Imperial College, London, U.K.
- Paper presented on 10 th IASTED International Conference on Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing (VIIP-2012) from 3 rd July 2012 to 5 th July 2012 in Banff, Calgary, Canada.
- Paper presented and chaired Technical session in TheInternational Conference on Image, Signal and Vision Computing (ICISV 2013),Dec 16-17, 2013, Melbourne, Australia.
- Paper presented in the 15 th International Conference on Computational Science and its applications (ICCSA 2015), June 22-25, 2015, Banff, Calgary, Canada
- Paper presented in the 3 rd IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Applications and Systems (IPAS 2018), Dec 12-14, 2018, Inria Sophia Antipolis, Erance.
- Delivered Expert Talk on topic “Regarding early detection of Cancer using Imaging and AI”, in IEEE vTools Events organized by IEEE South Eastern Michigan Section (SEM) on 28 th Dec 2019 at 29205 Orchard Lake Rd, Farmington Hills, Michigan, MI 48334, USA.
- Outstanding Leader in Higher Education Award 2022 by Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd. Education Innovation Summit 2022.
- Best Principal Award 2022 (Higher Institutional Level) by InSc Institute of Scholars.
- Best Technical Session Paper Awardon paper “Calculation of Different Types of Features from Plant Leaves” in34th National Convention of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers and National Seminar on Intelligent Telecommunication Networks for Sustainable Growth, 21st Oct 2018 to 22nd Oct 2018 by The Institution of Engineers (India) Punjab & Chandigarh State Centre, Chandigarh, India.
- Best Paper Award on Paper “A Study of Shannon and Renyi Entropy based Approaches for Image Segmentation” in the 3rd International Conference on Advancements on Engineering and Technology (ICAET-2015), March 20-21, 2015 by Bhai Gurdas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sangrur, Punjab, India.
- Best Technical Session Paper Award on paper “Optimizing the Performance of Digital Video File Compression in Cloud Environment” in the 2nd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering & Assistive Technologies (BEATS-2012), Dec 6-7, 2012 by Dr. B R Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
Research Guidance (PhD & PG Level)
- Ph.D. (CSE) Thesis - Supervised (Completed): 04, Current research scholars (guiding): 04
- M.Tech. (CSE) Dissertations - Supervised (Completed): 44
- 123 Research Publications in SCI, SCOPUS, Peer-Reviewed& Refereed National &International Journals, Book Chapters of Springer Publications and Proceedings of National &International Conferences.
Patents (International & National)
- “A Fruit Image Identification System and a Method Thereof”, Granted on 28 th April 2021 in Australian Patent Registry (Application No. 2021101444, Publication Journal Date: 13 th May 2021).
- “A Multidirectional Feature Fusion Network-based System for Efficient Object Detection”, Granted on 10 th Nov 2021 in Australian Patent Registry (Application No. 2021102692, Publication Journal Date: 25 th Nov 2021).
- “A Method for Task Scheduling on Multiprocessor Parallel System using Genetic Algorithm”, Granted on 20 th April 2022 in Australian Patent Registry (Application No. 2021104950, Publication Journal Date: 5 th May 2022).
- “A Chronic Care Management System and a Method Thereof”, Granted on 28 th Sept 2022 in Republic of South Africa Patents Act 1978 (Application No. 2022/03856, Publication Journal Date: 19 th Aug 2022).
- “An Internet of Things based Power Management System and Method for Secured and Uninterrupted Power Service”, Published on 30 th Dec 2022 in Patent Application Publication India (Application No. 202211068074 A, Application Date: 26 th Nov 2022).
- Grant Awarded Rs.1081569/- from AICTE, New Delhi for Research Project “Generative Adversarial Network (GANs) for Unmasking Blurred and Covered Faces” as Co- Principal Investigator. File No. 8-108/FDC/RPS (POLICY-I) 2O19-20 dated: 14 Aug 2020.
- NVIDIA Graphics Pvt. Ltd. provided Nvidia Ge Force TitanXp GPU 900-1G611-2530-000T (Rs.1, 50, 000/-) for Machine Vision Lab, CSE Department, BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib. File, No. KA1/DUP/0590/18 dated 27 th Sept 2018
- Grant awarded Rs. 50,000/- from MRSPTU, Bathindato organize FDP on Soft Computing Techniques for Engineering Applications, BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib. File No. DRD/MRSPTU/131 dated 21 st June 2016.
- Grant awarded Rs. 1,50,000/- from AICTE, New Delhi to organize International Conference on Advancements in Computing and Communication (ICACC-2012), BBSB Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib. File No. RIFD/SEM/24/2011-12 dated 30 th Nov 2011
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India), Membership No. F-119664-9
- Senior Member of IEEE, Membership No. 94417605.
- Senior Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Membership No. 3862433.
- Life Member of Computer Society of India (CSI), Membership No. 01100785
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi, Membership No. LM -97583
- Life Member of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi, Membership No. M 237762
- Life Member of Punjab Academy of Sciences, Membership No. 1027
- Member of the International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Hong Kong, Membership No.101272
- Life Member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore, Membership No. 80343571.
Short Term Courses, FDP, Conferences, Workshops, Seminars (Organized & Attended)
- Attended 36 Faculty Development Programmes/Orientation & Refresher Courses/ Workshops attended sponsored by AICTE/UGC etc.
- Attended 36 National & International Seminars/Conferences sponsored by IEEE/UGC/IE(I) etc.
- Organized 19 National & International Seminars/Conferences, Faculty Development Programmes/Workshops sponsored by AICTE/UGC/IEEE/IE(I) etc.